Spectrum Search are delighted to be recruiting a Data Architect for a leading international broadcaster for a hugely exciting, digital OTT project with a focus on Entertainment to be based out of the London office.
This role will be in charge of all aspects of data architecture and data warehouse management for digital OTT platforms. The Data Architect will build both the team and the organizational capabilities necessary to integrate data from multiple sources into a secure cloud-based or hybrid platform that enables advanced data mining capabilities and business analytics. We are looking for a strong, disciplined, and self-motivated individual who has a passion for utilizing hybrid solutions to support a data-driven business.
Key Responsibilities as a Data Architect:
- Hire and lead the DBA and ETL leads to build and manage the OTT Data Platform consisting of multiple data sources which include the customer account platform, CRM/Subscription management tool, GA360, Conviva, Video Meta-data platform, Akamai, internal CMS and the marketing technology stack.
- Architect our data platform including hands-on work identifying detailed fields and element definitions and modeling the database schema – you are the final approver on which fields to include in the various APIs and data transfers and how the data tables need to be structured to support finance, marketing, content and product analytics.
- Analyze current systems and develop roadmap to improve operating cost and project performance of existing servers and cloud resources
- Establish and maintain data management and governance best practices and standards, and ensures consistent application of those practices across the organization.
- Implement measures to ensure data accuracy and accessibility.
- Learn and adopt new tools and techniques to increase performance, automation and scalability.
- Establish SLA’s and continuously monitor, refine and report on the performance of data management systems and technical functionality (e.g. scalability, security, performance, data recovery, reliability, etc.)
- Support the Data Protection Officer and Infosecurity teams by ensuring absolute data security and customer data privacy.
- Own and maintain the data architecture documentation and table schemas
- Contribute to the data dictionary
What we are looking for in you as a Data Architect:
- Strong experience, specializing in enterprise information solution architecture, design, and development, including significant experience in OTT, Digital Media
- Strong understanding of B2C subscription and ecommerce business models and various martech tools used in digital product and marketing
- Ability to translate high-level objectives into the detailed schema designs. You see the big picture and understand what stakeholders want without needing every metric, dimension and filter explicitly spelled out for you. You instinctively know what KPIs, data points and reports will support the business goals.
- In reverse, the ability to organize the details into simple, high-level points. You can communicate project status quickly and effectively to non-technical executives.
- Expert product knowledge of Microsoft Azure infrastructure and topology. Knowledge of Google Cloud platform helpful.
- Previous hands-on experience building hybrid or on-premise data platforms.
- Demonstrated experienced with the following: Data Governance, Data Architecture, Data Modeling & Design, Metadata, Master Data, Data Quality (to include data profiling), Content Management, Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence, Database Management (including Changed Data Capture (CDC)), Data Security, Data Integration (to include streaming data)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large scale digital project in a truly key role, for more information, do not hesitate to apply.
#data #dataarchitect #etl #dba #data #database #broadcast #media #ott #vod #svod