Spectrum Search are delighted to be recruiting a DBA Lead for a leading international broadcaster for a hugely exciting, digital OTT project with a focus on Entertainment to be based out of the Doha, Qatar office.
This role is responsible for the performance, reliability and security of a digital OTT data platform. This role will support the Data Architect and configure data systems to. The DBA lead will be the subject matter expert on ensuring the data platform adheres to the strict infosecurity and data privacy regulations of Doha management. This role will also work closely or manage the ETL lead to ensure scripts preserve data integrity and are optimized to support business analysts.
Key Responsibilities as a DBA Lead:
- Establish SLA’s and continuously monitor, refine and report on the performance of data management systems and technical functionality (e.g. scalability, security, performance, data recovery, reliability, etc.) for a cloud or hybrid data warehouse
- Set up cybersecurity measures in collaboration with MENA’s Infosecurity team
- Monitor the performance of hardware and software and implement backup and recovery strategies
- Configure servers and databases and plan/manage a regular maintenance and update schedule
- Maintain documentation on data platform components and systems flow charts
- Orchestrate the provisioning, load balancing, dynamic configuration/re-configuration, monitoring and spend optimization of servers across cloud/hybrid/local data centers
- Continuously learn and integrate new industry standards, emerging technologies, and best practices of cloud engineering practices
What we are looking for in you as a DBA Lead:
- Strong understanding of B2C subscription and ecommerce business models and various martech tools used in digital product and marketing
- Able to engage across a wide range of technical and non-technical stakeholders. Able to work on a team but also independently. You are proactive to get things done. When you hit a roadblock, you are already thinking of plan B and plan C without being told what to do next.
- Strong product knowledge of Microsoft Azure infrastructure and topology. Knowledge of Google Cloud platform helpful.
- Experience working with high volumes of data (~20TB) and scaling an application and/or its hosting environment to support increases in traffic.
- Experience with streaming data ingestion, machine-learning, Apache Spark a plus
- Previous hands-on experience building hybrid or on-premise data platforms.
- Ideal candidates will have experience adhering to data security and privacy rules (GDPR or other similar legal codes) and be extra cautious on how data is handled.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large scale digital project in a truly key role, for more information, do not hesitate to apply.
#dba #data #database #broadcast #media #ott #vod #svod