Spectrum Search are delighted to be recruiting for a Engineering Manager, Ideally with a focus on OTT, e-commerce or broadcast media for a global media organisation based in Doha, Qatar.
This role will lead the engineering teams to support the strategy and goals for the companies digital OTT platforms. This role will lead the teams that build and support new products on the OTT sphere.
- Partner with Product and Content teams to scope, plan and estimate new feature work and platform investment initiatives. Collaborate with your leads to identify appropriate system architecture, features, solutions, timelines and budgets for new projects
- Craft, own, and manage engineering roadmap and strategy for your teams
- Design the overall technological architecture of the product
- Architect and create resilient and scalable systems with an eye towards reducing mean time to recovery in failure scenarios, bringing the best streaming experience to our customers all while ensuring key product feature goals are accomplished
- Design and build security into our systems and infrastructure to avert disruption and maintain uptime
- Hire, inspire, and lead multiple high-performing engineering teams. Develop and execute product roadmaps with input from the delivery team, stakeholders, and operations and technology leadership that maximizes opportunities to improve business processes, develop a best-in-class product and produce results.
- Be hands on and engage in coding, with code reviews to help the team to develop the product and solve all surfacing problems at hand
- Lead and champion best practices and uphold a culture that is committed to quality, test driven development and repeatable processes through automation and infrastructure as code, influencing not only our team, but also our client development and API engineering teams
- Review and evaluate emerging technologies and influence our technology stack, strategic approach, and engineering roadmap
- Provide technical leadership to fellow technical leaders and developers in a cross-functional way to engage and deliver on both project and enterprise level initiatives
- Lead Developers, QA and DevOps Engineers to ensure the successful product launch
- Effectively communicate complicated system architecture concepts and business value in a way your target audience will understand
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years’ experience in software development and a proven track record for releasing software in preferably direct-to-consumer industry
- 3+ years managing a team of at least 3 software engineers
- Understanding and commitment to software engineering principles/processes (e.g. Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, TDD, XP) and continuous improvement through measurement.
- Expert analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills with complex distributed applications, technologies, and business concepts
- Ability to think strategically and design accordingly in a future-forward landscape
- Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrating the ability to present various topics along with writing proposals and guidance documents for both the developer audience and technical leadership
- Demonstrated proactive skills, mindset and approach that always puts the customer’s experience first
- Experience recruiting and building diverse engineering teams, leading by example, promoting a positive & inclusive culture, and fostering trust & transparency
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Extremely curious about how our customers use our products and passionate about entertainment and sports broadcasting, digital media, OTT/SVOD. You are constantly asking "Who, What, Where, When, How and WHY?"
- English language fluency; Arabic and other language skills extremely valuable
- Degree or equivalent experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large scale digital project in a truly key role, for more information, do not hesitate to apply.