Spectrum Search are currently recruiting for a Scala Backend Developer for a highly innovative, scaling start-up business based in Munich, Germany.
What you will be doing as a Scala Developer:
- Building new features and improving existing ones for the modern and scalable backend system.
- Becoming an owner of a set of microservices, being responsible for a given business and technical domain, suggesting ways to improve performance and quality of your services, participating in cross-service integrations processes.
- Join in with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features.
- Continuously discovering, evaluating and implementing new technologies to maximize quality and efficiency.
Our client’s backend system represents a microservice architecture with strict domain boundaries between services. They use REST API for external and direct internal communications. Also using messaging to pass events between services. All services are deployed as Docker containers.
Backend Technologies Used:
- Languages: Scala, Go, Python.
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Redis.
- Messaging and Stream Processing: Apache Kafka.
- Search: Elasticsearch.
- Delivery and Orchestration: Docker, Nomad, Consul.
- Other services: AWS S3, AWS Rekognition.
- CI & CD: GitLab + Bash & Python
What we are looking for in a Scala Developer for this role:
- 5+ years of Java/Scala development experience.
- 2+ years of pure Scala development experience.
- A good knowledge of the JVM.
- Experience with RDBMS (PostgreSQL preferred), NoSQL, KV stores.
- Understanding of how to build distributed and resilient microservices using a modern stack of technologies.
- A track record of successfully developed and delivered applications.
- You have a good level of English language skills, can read technical documentation and communicate easily with your colleagues.
- Hands-on experience with Apache Kafka. Understanding its architecture and guarantees.
- Experience with Play Framework, Akka.
- Knowledge of Scala FP libraries like Scalaz, Cats, Monix. Understanding about effects management and referential transparency.
What you will be offered for your skills:
- Strong Salary & Benefits Package
- A crucial role in a highly motivated and talented team.
- Flat team structure and open communication.
- MacBook Pro as your working station.
- Multicultural and English-speaking environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Scala Developer to join a growing team working on cutting edge technologies. If you are interested in more information about this role, do not hesitate to apply!
#spectrumsearch #recruitment #talentacquisition #germany #scala #go #python #bash #java #europe #relocation #developer #scaladeveloper #javadeveloper