Spectrum Search are delighted to be recruiting for a world class Technology & Analytics Director with a focus on OTT for a global media organisation based in Doha, Qatar.
The Technology & Analytics Director will be driven by the mission is to deliver amazing, best of class OTT experiences. You'll be joining a new team with ambitious targets and goals. Your work will be seen globally and it's a unique opportunity to deliver brilliant products at scale.
Role and responsibilities of the Technology & Analytics Director:
As the Technology & Analytics Director you will own the architectural decisions for the team. Technology & Analytics Director is an executor and the visionary force behind the technical solution. You will value simplicity and challenge technical constraints and procedures to achieve an Agile design. You will work closely with all team members to create a modular, scalable solution that addresses/incorporates future architectural changes and designs, defining and driving execution of the multi-year analytics strategy including scope, priorities and implementation plan by collaborating with the business, technology, and data leaders.
The role will also focus on:
- Designing the overall technological architecture of the product with the help of the team
- Guiding project teams on technology strategy related to coding practices, continuous integration and automated deployment
- Responsible for the technical design of the product
- Mentoring and coaching the technical team
- Being hands on and engaging in coding to help the team to develop his solution and solve all surfacing problems at hand Identifies and removes technical impediments
- Working with the Product Director to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack
- Providing the team a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality
- Sharing responsibility with the Product Director for building reusable and scalable components
- Advising the business leadership team on analytics value opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Translating business problems into specific analytics and technology enabled solutions
- Translating complex analytics outcomes into actionable insights and operational decisions
- Leading, building and developing motivated Data & Analytics & Engineering teams
What we are looking for in your as the Technology & Analytics Director:
You will be deeply passionate about delivering unique experiences with an understanding of the global OTT industry.
- Seen as an expert within the technical components of the domains/products/journeys
- Deep expertise in newest technologies and trends, Java/JVM and nice to have experience with functional programming
- Can make architecture decisions at a team and product level
- Familiar with production Cloud / DevOps environments
- Experience in Agile Development, with specific Enterprise Architect (or similar) experience preferred
- Understand the relationship with Product Manager, Scrum Master, Design Lead and rest of technical team
- Experience managing technical priorities within the Backlog
- Deep understanding of Analytics logic and techniques
- Understands Analytics methods and their business application
- Takes a portfolio management approach to defining Analytics project priorities with the business
- Compelling people leader of diverse profiles and ability to lead inter-disciplinary teams in an agile fashion
- Deep understanding of data architecture including platform, meta data management, data quality, lineage etc.
- Proven track record of large scale Analytics technology delivery on hybrid/mixed platforms
- Ability to stay ahead of the technology innovation curve around AI/ML applications
- Adept at managing the vendor landscape of partners and choosing the right "fit for purpose" technologies
- Ability to partner with IT to put the right technical leadership in place for the Analytics capability
- In depth, proven experience of technology and analytics
- Experience working in a leadership role for a large and complex media organization or for a related direct to consumer industry organization; experience leading managers is a plus
- Programming and analytical skills/knowledge
- Mastery of different software development methodologies (agile, waterfall); experience in agile software development is a plus
- Deep and broad knowledge of architectural principles, technology trends and data & analytics
- Excellent communication skills, ability to influence a wide range from executive layers and to individual contributors
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large scale digital project in a truly key role, for more information, do not hesitate to apply.
#technology #software #analytics #technologydirector #vptechnology #software #agile #waterfall #ott #media #broadcast #cloud #product #doha #qatar #middleeast